The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for day-to-day financial transactions including accounts payable, corporate credit card reconciliations, and various other transactional issues. The mission for our Accounts Payable Team is providing accurate and timely disbursement of payments to the clients vendors that is consistent with regulatory requirements, policy and appropriate internal controls while providing unbelievable service.
Relocation allowance or reimbursement is negotiable. All employees must be available to work in our Alexandria, LA office. If applicable, we'll negotiate and determine the best way to help you offset any moving expenses.
WHO WE ARE:
VPA’s mission is simple: We are dedicated to providing our clients a peace of mind. VPA is a family owned and operated company focused on providing superior client service and expertise to our clients. Our knowledgeable staff are dedicated to providing peace of mind in regards to any area of our clients business. This is where you come in. We are looking for ambitious, talented, and self-motivated individuals who will work tirelessly to use their talents to help our clients achieve their business goals and remove any burdens to allow them to focus on growing their business.
TYPICAL JOB DUTIES:
- Investigate and resolve issues with questionable invoice items or prices
- Sort, code and match invoices, expenses, and purchase orders to ensure proper entry into the accounting system.
- Enter and upload invoices into accounting system
- Set invoices up for payment
- Verify and track expense receipts and process payments for submitted expense reports
- Prepare and process electronic transfers and ach payments
- Prepare and perform check runs
- Obtain credit card receipts and invoices and match to statement
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions
- Prepare analysis of accounts
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Receive, research and resolve a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
- Maintain all vendor files
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries via phone or email.
- Reconcile various accounts on a monthly basis, bringing any discrepancies to the attention of the team with a plan for resolution.
- Produce monthly and weekly reports.
- Assist with month end closing and reconciliations.
- File, maintain, and distribute accounting documents, records and reports.
- Perform other accounting department functions as back-up for the accounting staff.
- Perform other duties as required to support the accounting department when needed.
- Maintain confidentiality of organizational information
WHAT YOU NEED:
We are looking for an independent and motivated self – starter with the following attributes.
- Combines a solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounts payable principles
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Possess the ability to effectively work both independently or in a team setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ethical in every aspect of their jobs. We seek to do right by our clients, each other, and our own moral compass. We put the best interest of the client and each other first.
- Passionately Committed to achieving the highest level of excellence in work and in your personal live. Takes his/her job seriously and is excited by the ability to offer expertise in order to create value for each of our clients.
- Service Excellence - dedicate to constantly improving their level of service to each and every client as well as to each other and to deliver services promptly, warmly, and in a way that uplifts the client and delivers an experience more than a provided service.
- Accountable to the client, each other, and themselves. We display promptness, the ability to prioritize efficiently and thoughtfully, and follow through required to complete a task when it is assigned and take ownership and responsibility of that task.
- People of Possibility - one who never back down from difficult challenges. Constantly looking at new challenges as opportunities to grow the company, improve our expertise and learning, and provide new and exciting services and value to our clients.
- Thirst for Knowledge - has a very strong desire and commitment to growing and wanting to learn more and improve him/herself. Actively seeks feedback that can help them grow as individuals and as service providers to our clients.
- Selfless Servants - constantly seeking out ways to help one another and to put the needs of others, clients especially, ahead of our own wishes and agendas.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Two-year accounting degree, four-year business degree, or two years of related experience
- Proficient with Excel pivot tables and functions
- Works well with standards, processes, check-lists, and structure
- Thrives in a team, flexible, family, fun and results oriented environment
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Generous benefits package
- Between health insurance and HSA contribution, we contribute a large percentage towards your coverage and deductible
- Competitive salary – we will aggressively compensate the right person for this position
- Exceptional culture
- Onsite day care
- Collaborative environment in which your gifts and talents are able to make a different
- Return to the Apply Now overview page and click the APPLY TO JOIN VPA button at the bottom of the page.
- Only one application is needed to be considered for any openings we have now and in the future based on your knowledge, skills and qualifications.